Recipe of the Day: Crispy French Bread Grilled Chicken Sandwiches!June 12, 2015
It's been a while since I've done a recipe of the day. Mainly because my household seems to be hectic and I never get to take a nice picture for all of you, but tonight my oldest was helping me cook and my youngest was too busy playing in his room. We have a local bakery in town called Egypt Star Bakery which is amazing. They sell the best french bread in town. If you are in the A.B.E area, I recommend you looking them up, stopping by and buying a few things from them.
I make these sandwiches once every few weeks. The family loves them. It's simple, fast, and cheap.
- French bread
- Boneless Chicken Breast Cutlets
- Red Onion
- Ranch Dressing
- Goya Adobo
- Ground White Pepper
- Green Peppers
- Fresh Spinach
- Season chicken with Goya Adobo, a dash of cumin, and a pinch of ground white pepper.
- Heat cast iron grill skillet
- Melt butter in cast iron skillet.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook for about 7-10 minutes. Flip around and cook for another 7-10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, slice onions and set aside.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Place onions and/or peppers in cast iron skillet. Cook for 30 seconds on each side.
- Cut the french bread the size you would like the sandwiches to be and then cut in half.
- Heat a griddle and melt butter.
- Place french bread with the outside facing down and press down until toasted.
- Slice chicken breast in thin slices and arrange on bread add cheese, onions, peppers, and drizzle ranch dressing.
- Serve hot and enjoy!