Recipe of The Day: Spanish FlanNovember 08, 2015
Flan is a dessert that everyone will love. I grew up eating it and making a lot of it. It has become a holiday favorite for my coworkers.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk - I prefer Eagle brand but for this recipe I used Market Pantry brand from Target
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk - I prefer Carnation brand
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Glass or Aluminium Pan
Directions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Making the Caramel:
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt sugar until liquefied and golden in color.
- Carefully pour hot syrup into a 9 inch round glass baking dish or aluminum pan, turning to evenly coat the bottom and sides.
- Set aside.
Making the custard:
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Beat in condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture into baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Fill a separate pan with water and set pan with custard filling in. This will allow for the fall to cook evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven 60 minutes.
- Let cool completely.