Recipe Of the Day: Spiced Apple Pulled Pork Fajitas!July 31, 2016
I'm always dabbling around trying to make up new recipes for us to eat. Two weeks ago I decided I was going to try something different. I was going to make Spiced Apple pulled pork fajitas! I didn't know how they were going to come out so I was a bit nervous. After it was finished, let's just say, it was a huge hit in the household!
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 1/2 pound of pork sirloin
- Sour Cream
- Flour Tortillas
- Mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
- peel and slice apple.
- Rub the dry rub over the pork sirloin
- Cut slits into sirloin and tuck apple slices in.
- Place the sirloin into the slow cooker and add water. Adding water will make the pork sirloin, even more, juicier.
- Cook on high for 5 hours.
- After that is finished cooking, You'll want to shred the meat.
- While that is sitting in the juice, saute the peppers and onions in a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Cut the lettuce and tomatoes and warm up the tortillas.
- Make, serve and eat!
I hope you liked my recipe! If you tried it yourself, let me know in the comments how you like it!