Recipe of The Day: Chicken Parmesan Casserole!October 12, 2015
Every Sunday, I cook a big tasty meal for my husband and my kids. This Sunday I wanted to make something different. I decided on Chicken Parmesan Casserole! I have never made this before and never looked up a recipe. I wanted to make this my own way. This meal was cost only $7.66! The chicken tenderloins were only $5.77, the Barilla Marinara Sauce was $1.00 after a coupon, and the Barilla Whole grain pasta was only .89¢ after a coupon.
- Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs from 4C
- 1 package of whole grain pasta
- I jar of Barilla Marinara Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mild Cheddar Shredded cheese or Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 eggs
- Salt & Pepper
Directions:1. Wash and pat chicken dry.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Boil water and pasta.
4. Put aside 2 tablespoons of flour and mix the rest with the bread crumbs.
5. Take tenderloin and put sprinkle a little flour.
6. Dip tenderloin in egg
7. Dip tenderloin in bread crumb and flour mix.
8. Fry tenderloins in canola oil in a frying pan.
9. When all of the tenderloins pieces have been fried, set aside.
10. Pasta should be al dente.
11. Drain pasta and pour in the casserole dish.
12. Add the fried chicken tenderloins pieces and line them up neatly.
13. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
14. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese to your liking. We love cheese so I put a lot.
15. Sprinkle the shredded cheese. I chose mild cheddar to switch it up a bit.
16. Place in oven at 325° uncovered and bake for 15 minutes.